FRIDAY DECEMBER 5, 2014
10:00 A.M. - All stock must be at the arena
10:30 A.M. - All Judges, Secretary, Event Directors, and rodeo Personnel must be at the arena for a meeting.
11:00 A.M. – Run down and tie all stock.
3:00 P.M. – Draw 1st Performance
3:30 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. Pay fees (fees must be paid in full at this time). Give out jackets. (Any jackets not picked up at this time will be given out on Saturday)
7:00 P.M. – 1st Performance
SATURDAY DECEMBER 6, 2014
8:00 A.M. – Draw 2nd Go Round
10:00 A.M. – 2nd Go Round (WILL BE RUN LIKE SLACK, NO ACTS, NO ADMISSION CHARGE)
1:00 P.M. – General Membership Meeting (or immediately following 2nd performance) Election of 2015 officers and directors
4:00 P.M. – Draw 3rd Go Round Performance
6:30 P.M. – 3rd Performance
9:30 P.M. – NFR Party for all contestants and family(contestants get in free, everyone else $5 per person)
SUNDAY DECEMBER 7, 2014
8:30 A.M. – Pancake Breakfast
9:45 A.M. – Cowboy Church (LeAnn Hart)
10:45 A.M. – CRA Year End Awards
1:00 P.M. – JCRA Finals
The Cajun Rodeo Association will offer Steer Wrestling for the 2014 rodeo season.
ENTRY FEE: $60.00
(see cajunrodeo.com rulebook for event rules)
The following are rule changes for the 2014 season.
1. If there are ten (10) contestants or more, the first place winner will receive ten (10) points; second place will receive nine (9) points, and on down to the tenth place finisher receiving one (1) point. However, If LESS than ten (10) contestants are entered in an event, points will still be issued to the first place winner according to the number of entries in that event. e.g. If there are only eight (8) contestants in an event, the first place winner will receive eight (8) points, the second place winner will receive seven (7) points, on down to the eight place contestant receiving one (1) point
9. Two hand- held digital watches must be used in the timed events. All digits beyond tenths will be ignored. Official time shall be the average of the two times, ignoring any digit beyond the tenths. All times in the timed events with the exception of the Barrel Racing is to be recorded in the 10ths of a second. If one of the two timers misses the start or stop or is delayed in starting or stopping the watch, or if the watch used by one timer malfunctions, that timer shall declare the problem to the other timer and only the time recorded by the other timer will be used.
GENERAL RULES – ALL EVENTS
4. All CRA contestants are required to wear proper pants, long sleeve button down shirts, western hats, and boots. Chaps are optional. Shirts must be tucked in
TEAM ROPING – EVENT RULES
ENTRY FEE: $100.00/TEAM
29. Contestant (Header or Heeler) that places 1st and 2nd will receive 1st place points and 2nd place points to the year end and the all around.
35. Team Ropers will be able to rope on 1 end only at the finals. (If a contestant is in the Top 15 in the heading and heeling, he/she must choose to enter the finals as a header OR heeler.)
CAJUN RODEO ASSOCIATION FINALS
10. Team Ropers will be able to rope on 1 end only at the finals. (If a contestant is in the Top 15 in the heading and heeling, he/she must choose to enter the finals as a header OR heeler.)
15. Contestants must compete in a minimum of 3 rodeos to be eligible to compete at the finals.